August 21, 2020
Fall 2020 Workshop Announcement
By Megan Eggert, Meetings and Events Planner
NAACLS will conduct a workshop webinar titled, ““The NAACLS Process & Standards – A Peek Behind the Curtain,” on November 13, 2020, from 7:30am-4:00pm.
Upon completion of the workshop, and with the opportunity to discuss questions, the participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the value accreditation brings to your program and the profession.
- Recognize from both author and reviewer perspective the keys to a successful review.
- Describe each NAACLS standard and recognize potential challenges for your program.
- Utilize the Standards Compliance Guide and other NAACLS resources to write clear and complete accreditation/approval self study reports.
ASCLS P.A.C.E. and ASCP approve NAACLS as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences. This workshop is an intermediate level program. The following contact hours will be awarded at the workshop: ASCLS = 7; ASCP = 7.
The workshop will be presented by Dale Telgenhoff, PhD, HTL(ASCP)cm and Dawn Tripolino, MBA, MT(ASCP). Dawn Tripolino, MBA, MT(ASCP), is Program Director of the MLS Program at Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, Florida. Ms. Tripolino is a Phlebotomy Educator and Vice Chair of the NAACLS Programs Approval Review Committee (PARC). Dale Telgenhoff, PhD, HTL(ASCP)cm, is Associate Professor, Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan. Dr. Telgenhoff is a HT Educator on the Review Committee for Accredited Programs (RCAP).
Registration fees and deadlines are as follows:
$225/person (EARLY BIRD FEE paid in full by 10/16/20)
$250/person (GENERAL FEE paid in full BETWEEN 10/17/20 and 10/30/20)
Registration for this event is limited to 150 participants.
Please visit https://www.naacls.org/News/Workshops.aspx for more information and to register. We hope to have you join us for our first Workshop Webinar in November!
- Posted under Announcements